Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Monday, September 15, 2008

WE'VE MOVED!!!

Wow what a whirlwind that last couple months have been. We are finally moved into our new home and, for one, are thrilled. The joys of no stairs, gotta love it. After painting most of the rooms, with alot of help from Michelle and Rob (no more red!), new flooring and a couple new appliances we are up and running. Today we had a leak on the roof fixed that we noticed with the recent rain storm but all in all things are good.

In the middle of everything I "had" to go to Ed Week, because August would just not be August without Ed Week. What an awesome time we had (Jessica and Jeana went too). Not only did we get to spend time with Laura, Chelsea, little Matthew and Cheryl but the things we were able to hear were so incredible.

Well, just as we were finishing the move and things were starting to get unpacked, Jimmy was asked *told* that he was going to Texas to help in restoring the power out there. This was hard for him. He loves storm work but felt bad not only leaving us to unpack but leaving his soccer team to someone else and leaving our poor bishop with no counselors. Right now he is in Houston and leaves early in the morning for Galveston, one of the hardest hit areas. I heard on the news that they have over 2 1/2 million people without power in TX and LA WOW! He will be working long hours and we pray that things go quickly so he will be home soon.

And if that wasn't enough...the day he left we had our usual soccer games. Things were going pretty good until the second half when Jillian came off the field hurt. I took her to the hospital and they said it was bruised just take a week off, ok no problem, however; sunday afternoon we received a call that she might have a small fracture and to see an orthopedic dr. I was able to get her in the next day and low and behold we have not only a small bone break off *the doctors words were a flake of bone* but she pulled and possibly tore some ligaments. Good News (yes there is some), the ligament she hurt is one that hardly ever needs surgery and should heal fine on its own and the bone *flake* won't require surgery either YA ME! She is in a cast, a nice orange one, for about 3wks and no PE or Soccer for 6wks (which is going to kill her) but she should heal fine and be on the field next season good as new.

I am grateful for the immense amount of help we have received not only from friends and family but from the Lord. Its nice to know you have friends and family who will stay up til all hours helping put stuff together or pack. Its wonderful knowing that I can call someone at any time for a blessing and they just show up. The love we have felt is so powerful that I cannot even begin to describe it. I know that we can get by while Jimmy is gone and that he will be safe without a doubt. I feel the Lord's hand in all that has happened good and not so good. My testimony is strengthened through all this and more.

4 comments:

Marylin said...

So glad you have not been sucked into the whole of non-bloggers! Man you guys have had a wild summer! We are right there behind you though with the moving thing!! All us Christy Meadows girls (past and present) need to get together one last time before I head out of state!!

Michelle said...

So, are we painting the game room a bright, needs 12 coats, fuschia?! Ha, NOT!

Shannon said...

Well Michelle since you mentioned it lol NO WAY! I am so liking white at this point hehe.

And Marylin we definitely need to get together before you head of to cooler places.

Becky said...

How fun to move to a new house. Sometimes I wish I would move just so I would be forced to clean out some of the stuff I "think" I need.

Glad to hear Jillian will recover without complications.

As usual, the crazy saga of the busy life of a big family goes on. You handle it well. :)