Monday started out the same as any Monday, but more like a Galveston storm work Monday. After all the changes in plans, we ended up with our original plan. That led us to Pearland which I think is just south and west of Houston. I have not looked at a map since I have been here, I just follow others directions and go. Anyway, once we saw the job, everyone’s mood got better because we had our own circuit of distribution to repair. There is a school that is the main priority to get back on line. There are four five poles down, four of them in a row, and then a bunch of broken arms and wire. We have not even driven all the taps yet. I guess to explain, they give each group of crews one circuit to repair to minimized confusion and increase safety. The main line is like a main highway and the taps would be the exits and side roads. The utility has only driven the main line, and we have to drive and repair all the taps.
I think we messed up Mexican Sunday night and Red Lobster last night so the tent food doesn’t look so good any more. But, the more I look at the set up at the dig track, the more amazed I get. I was able to drop off my laundry and get it washed, and they did it right there. They have several trailers full of washers and dryers so you put it in their bag, sign your name, get a ticket, and pick it up 24 hours later. They cook all the food there, and we are even getting subway in our lunches. They had signs on the tables this morning saying they have served over 203,000 people as of last night.
I am sitting in the old Wal Mart parking lot and a twin engine airplane that was spraying something out of its wings just blasted by only about 150’ off the ground.
Need to get back to checking on things, but weather is okay, just muggy and about 85-90. The worst thing is no amount of bug spray can seem to keep the humming bird size mosquitoes away. Oh well, maybe I’ll get one and mount it on a plaque.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment