Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Playing Catch up

OK so yes, I am terrible at keeping up our blog. Well, here it is; the low down, the 411 and all the info up til now.

Things have been pretty busy this summer even though I promise myself every year that it will be fairly laid back. We started, as before noted, with soccer camp where the girls spent a week at BYU soccer camp learning, playing and having a blast.

Next up was celebrating Jessica's birthday since we were going to be at camp during her "actual" birthday. She felt the need to light her own candles *mom sniffs* and did pretty good at it.

A couple of days later we (Jessica, Jeana, Jimmy and I) loaded ourselves up and headed to Girls Camp in Deerhaven. We had a blast! The weather was wonderful and even though I brought a nasty cold home with me, I must say the week was AWESOME! The YW in our ward totally ROCK! We had so much fun doing cheers, cooking, hiking and sitting around the fire. The girls found a log to have everyone carve their names or initials into and since we didn't get to burn our "friendship log" it was brought home by one of the girls to be burned next year. We had alot of good food. Some girls even washed their hair. The trailer was unloaded in record time when we got home that saturday afternoon, I think they were ready to be home.

After getting home Jessica, Jeana and Jillian got their haircut. Of course, Jessica only had a trim and highlights but Jeana added a cut to her highlights and Jillian chose a cut too. They look adorable but nothing could make them look anything but cute.

Jordyn and James had their first swim lessons and passed level one. They had alot of fun and learned alot too. Johnston will be starting some lessons soon. I am hoping that the lessons he takes keep him from just jumping into the water like he tends to do now when we swim and helps him learn some swimming techniques too. He is such a daredevil!

We celebrated Independence Day by hanging at home, being together and shooting off fireworks. We also sat in the backyard watching the fireworks on the base which is everyones favorite. Our street was filled with fireworks and kids, total fun.

Jimmy's birthday was our next celebration. He received a Wii for Fathers Day and Rock Band for his birthday. Holy Crow is that thing loud and FUN! The kids and dad love to play and sing to the songs and mom loves to watch, I haven't had the nerve yet to get on any of the stuff and don't know a whole lot of the songs either.

We are also in the process of *get this* buying a new house!!!! It isn't in our same ward or even the same elementary school but is only a mile or so from the house we are in now. If things go as planned we should be in by the end of August.

Well, as I said earlier, things are busy but lots of fun. How can it be anything else in the Skinner home.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Shannon, when I was a much younger mom, I once said, "I can hardly wait til the kids are out of school for summer so I can get this that and the other thing done." (not verbatim) And Grandma Odom said to me, "you will soon learn that those things will rarely get done in the summer because there are so many other things going on." And ... I did soon learn she was oh so right! From the sounds of your summer, I think you have already learned about Grandma Odom's philosophy! And isnt having fun with the family way better than getting another project done?! :)

Ummm Jimmy, I was wondering if you had your sunglasses on while blowing out your candles to keep from being blinded by the light?! haha It seems like only last year you and the rest of the cousins were the ages of your kids!

Love and hugs,
Aunt Becky