Thursday, May 22, 2014
No matter where you go
I am so grateful that no matter where we go we are always part of a ward family. Moving has been a rough transition on all of us, but knowing we have a ward family has helped a lot. We have friends and "family" no matter where we end up. How many can say that (except for all of us in the LDS church).
Seems like a weird thing to think about this long into our move I know but it really hit me yesterday. As I drove with a new friend to the cannery and winco (a new experience) I realized how I have friends here as well as back in Vegas.
People from Vegas were definitely worried about us during the fires. I was grateful to know we were loved and cared about. However, here in Valley Center we were united in a different way. There is just something reassuring about being somewhere, far from loved ones, and knowing that you have people around you who care about your well being, honestly.
I miss home, I miss our old ward/stake family. I miss walking into Wal-Mart on a Saturday night and having a meet up with everyone else as they make sure they are prepared for Sunday. But I am liking, dare I say loving, it here. Its different, but different is good and the blessings have outweighed the challenges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment