Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

New Experiences

As I sit here listening to the news about the fires plaguing our valley I almost giggle at the thought that my sweet husband is in Texas at this moment freaking out because he is away and doesn't know what will become of what surrounds his family. I don't giggle because it isn't a very understandable feeling on his behalf. I giggle because it seems that as much as you feel like all is good things can change so quickly and many don't even worry about it until it is upon them. This isn't true for my husband. He is ever vigilant and concerned for our well being. Always planning ahead and making sure that we are prepared for any eventuality. When we moved to CA he bought a trailer and it is ready to hook up to the truck and head out, filled with camping equipment and ready for boxes of pictures and papers to be added. He is always making sure the cars are filled with gas. He made sure we bought a generator and we even *gasp* have a landline in case our cell phones go down. He made sure that our girls, who are on the go constantly these days, have bags with clothes and necessary things just in case they can't get home. This isn't new for him. He is the proverbial boy scout, always prepared. This is why the thought of my daughters being without him at girls camp or my sons not having them at a scout campout scares me. I now realize that I never fully appreciated this facet of him as much as I should. Maybe I just trust in the Lord to much (not possible) or don't ever worry that bad things like that will happen. Sure the washer or dryer will break or a kid will get sick. Those are normals of life. They happen and life goes on. But what about those things that happen that can devastate or damage. If a fire were to hit our area I know that we would be fine because my sweet man has made sure of it. I should be more vigilant and with moving here I think I am better than I was in NV but I can do better. I love that my husband is so prepared and ever patient with me. Maybe that's why I don't worry, because he does and I know he will protect us in any instance.

No comments: