Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In my sock

If your family is anything like mine, we race around on school mornings getting lunches, getting dressed, finding shoes, doing hair, wheres my jacket, did you get your homework etc and whew! So, it is wonderful when I get a good laugh in the mornings to lighten up the mommy mood.

The last couple days Johnston has said owie everytime I put on his shoes. First I thought it was his socks then something in the shoe because he said it hurt in back not in front. Yesterday, I decided to see where his toes were in his shoes and if maybe we needed new shoes. As he stood in front of me I tried to push down on the toe and these tennis shoes are really hard to push down let alone find any toes at times. I said,"Johnston, where is your toe?" as I pushed as hard as I felt comfortable on his shoe and he said,"In my sock!". I was laughing so hard I had to stop. When I finally composed myself enough to go on I asked him to move his toe for me and instead his whole foot started moving.

Sometimes I forget that at different ages they see things in different ways. It helps me to also remember that not only do we need to remember that with kids but everyone. Sometimes we say something that is not meant to be rude or mean but it can be taken in a totally different way.

I love the way my children make me laugh and smile and the simple things.

2 comments:

Marylin said...

Hey so send me what email address you want me to send you an invite to my private blog! Oh and also if you want to follow my blog just go to the little box on the right hand side that says "follow" and click on it and then it gives you the option to be public or private in your following, select public so I can tell and then it will give you an extra entry!! :) Oh and love this post by the way!!

Becky said...

Kids see things so simply and answer accordingly ... and they have no idea the humor they speak!