I heard a song today that made me think about my life up til now. If you would have asked me in high school where I thought I would be in 20yrs I think I would have answered differently than what I am doing now. But this song reminded me of how important what I AM doing is in the whole scheme of things.
It isn't as important for me to be entertaining millions when I can entertain the 6 MORE important people I have in my home.
Maybe it would be fun to be recognized for amazing things that I do with more flair but how much more I LOVE having a thank you from my family and a hug from my kids. How could I ever live without those soggy wet kisses.
So, I was thinking of things that I may have surrendered in my previous ideals and found that I am happier than most could ever hope to be. I think I have followed God's plan for me instead of a plan that my youth thought I should have.
When I was in high school I had a friend, who I still am in touch with and talk to, we were talking about what we wanted to do with our lives when we graduated high school. I told him that money didn't matter, I just wanted to make people happy. Guess I got my wish, most of the time.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what an awesome post!
Thank goodness your goals have changed, you wouldnt have grown to be the wonderful person you are today if they hadnt! :)
Post a Comment