For anyone who hasn't yet figured it out, we are a soccer family. So why was Jimmy playing basketball with the youth and other leaders on wednesday night? Because it was an activity of course. Now this in and of itself is not a bad thing. The bad thing happened 30seconds before the end of the game when he jumped up, which I am sure was beautiful even though I wasn't there because anything he does is beautiful and no I am not being funny, but didn't quite come down the right way. By the time he came home, an hour later (hey "the Bishop needed him" or so he says) it looked like there was a softball inside his ankle. But wait theres more. As I freak and my first thought is "get in the car" his first thought is lets ice it and see how it looks in the morning. WHAT! Did he not see the bump? Actually, yes he did and he thought it was cool. What a guy! After icing it for awhile and dealing with my looks of impatience and his pain he gave in and off we went to the ER at 10pm. Good news, just a bad sprain. Bad news, stay off it for a couple of days then you can walk on it while wearing a brace. Ya right. Do they know my husband? He actually went to work the next day professing that he would certainly be home by noon, well he was only 2 hours off. I think the funniest thing to happen was actually the dr asking where we lived because he doesn't see many people in that hospital that aren't hispanic lol.
And Jimmy's biggest concern, cancelling soccer practice with his girls and getting to his older two daughters soccer game. He is so awesome!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think Jimmy, the eternal kid at heart, needs to be banned from playing with the youth. haha Glad it isnt anything toooo serious. Have fun trying to keep him down!
Post a Comment