Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Best $50 every spent

What a busy couple of days! Sunday morning Jimmy woke to the computer opening and closing its cd door *doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo*. Unfortunately, it meant our computer had had it and thus the crash began. Hoping that we could somehow fix the problem I called our handy dandy Dell computer people and they did a blue screen test that was suppose to last only 2 hours. 9 hours later and the computer still isn't working. Long story short (too late right) we had to completely do a system restore and put it back the way it came from the factory. Normally I would freak because I just know all those pictures aren't backed up on a cd and the other stuff, who knows, however; lucky for us, I heard of Carbonite and ordered it. This thing stores your stuff online and with one click I was able to start restoring all of our documents, pictures etc back to our computer. Whew! Another tragedy avoided. All this while celebrating Johnston's birthday and having a tooth pulled, life is good.

2 comments:

Becky said...

hmmmm, that happened with my cd door, until i was going bezerk. my research led me to a broken cd player, so i replaced it and it solved the issue. strange stuff with these machines we depend on sooooo much.

Stephanie said...

Glad you had your stuff back up. We have an external hard drive we back up to, but it's all good in the end if you get to keep those valuable pictures and documents. BTW, all this while having a tooth pulled and you say it's all good? Wow, I'm impressed, I had my wisdom teeth pulled in November and thought the world should end. I ended up with 2 dry sockets :( Never again.....