Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Whew!

To say that a lot has happened in the last 2 years would be an understatement of momentous proportions. We have had two graduate from high school(that would be Jessica and Jeana), added another Skinner to the family (Joseph) and moved from Nevada to California. These are just the BIG milestones in our lives and doesn't even compare to all the things that happened since my last blog post. As tough as some of these things were and as wonderful as others have been, I really have felt Heavenly Fathers love for me. I have realized that life has a way of happening and continuing on despite what you may be dealing with at any particular time. When I was put on bed rest it seemed so hard but worth it knowing that a precious baby boy would be joining our family. I knew that I could handle a few weeks of being bored and uncomfortable for the end result. When my kids graduated, as sad as I was at the idea that they could go on and leave me, I was thrilled that they had grown to be so wonderful and responsible. I see that they have grown so much especially with all the challenges put forth the last 2 years. When Jimmy's work decided they needed him somewhere else we didn't struggle as much with whether or not to move but the actual move itself. You find that when you have been in one area for so long that your friends become family. Things you didn't realize people did for you or were around for are all of the sudden become very crystal clear. All of the sudden we were alone, something Jimmy and I hadn't had not experience since before Jessica was born. Yet thru everything, never once have we wondered if God loved us or if He had forgotten us. The challenges have been plenty, however; the joy has been even more. We have found a wonderful place to live and are part of a fantastic community. We are part of an incredible ward who has welcomed us with open arms. We have had sadness, we have had excitement, we have had joy, we have had love. More importantly, WE HAVE HAD EACHOTHER! I cannot express the love I have for my Jimmy and the children, it is too great. We have our moments but all families do. But thru it all we have never stopped loving one another or supporting each other in our pursuits and endeavors. We are a forever family warts and all.

No comments: