Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Why...

Why do I open my mouth and say things (or write things as the case may be) when I know it could cause definite controversy? I realize that there are many people in this world and most the time I keep my strong opinions inside so as to not annoy others but sometimes...
My problem isn't that I said it, because it is what I believe, it is that maybe I could have said it better or maybe someone will totally hate me for saying it.

I guess the true friends in my life who love and respect me wouldn't care of my opinions as long as I respect theirs and honor theirs as they do mine. And, I guess those who don't aren't truly friends but merely aquaintances.

And so in an open forum I say Thank you to all those who listen to my, sometimes too honest, opinions and love me anyways and tell you that I love you just the same for yours.

3 comments:

CC said...

being the one in my family with a different way of thinking i can understand a little bit of what you are feeling. for a long time, and even sometimes still, i kept my opinions to myself as not to make waves. i'm glad you have gained the perspective that everyone has different thoughts and ideas and the people worth keeping around are the ones who can accept and respect that. even when your thoughts are communicated slightly less than perfectly, those who matter will still understand.

Warmington's said...

Hi Shannon! I am not sure what comment you made that caused you to write this post, but I always appreciate people that are up front and honest....even if it ruffles a few feathers! Miss you and hope your family is all doing well! I have just barely started a blog for our family as well....it is warmingtonsoapopera.blogspot.com
My email is also b_warmington@yahoo.com and would love to hear from you!

Becky Warmington (Larkin)

Becky said...

You're so right, the ones that matter will respectfully agree to agree or disagree and the ones that dont, need to learn to. And last I knew, we have all said something that may not have been totally 'kosher' but hey, were all human. :)
Love ya!