Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lota Month and Sweet 16

We haven't had a whole lot of time to breathe let alone time to blog this month so as I sit this morning, because I got up early due to going to bed early with a headache, I though I would recap our month.

The first and foremost biggest and most important thing to happen this month is our Jessica turned the BIG 16! She was able to have a big party with her friend Tiffany, which was a bbq and swim party (thank you Laura and Rick Bailey) with tons of friends and family. Everyone seemed to have a great time and I was glad to have the help of Tiffany's mom so it wasn't all me and made it a ton easier. We had her party a couple weeks before her actual birthday because she was going to be at girls camp for her birthday again this year and we knew things would get hectic.

Jeana and Jillian were able to go to soccer camp again this year at BYU and it rained most the time but they still were able to play. Jeana's team won first place in her division this year which was fun. I was able to watch the game because I got into town just in time.

I was able to go to girls camp this year with my girls and Jimmy which was a total BLAST!!!! It was Jillian's first year at girls camp and, even though we had a little rain, it was so much fun. One day we even went white water rafting. It was really neat watching all the YW grow, have fun and get along. It was the best for me to be there with my three girls and especially for Jillian's first year. She seemed to really enjoy herself and was totally pooped every night almost falling asleep in her chair at the fire. I loved getting to know some new people and getting reaquainted with some people I have known for a while and am so glad I could go again this year.

When we returned home Jessica had her "family" birthday party. It was alot of fun to have family around us but even funner to know that next time Jake, Teresa and the kids will be here as well.

Speaking of Jake and Teresa...Jimmy and I were able to travel to Phoenix over fathers day and be there to see Jake receive his final graduation from residency. It was so great and he is going to be a fantastic dr, so for any of you girls here in LV, he starts in August.

Well, theres our month in a nutshell. Busy but fun and I'm sure I have forgotten plenty. I am just glad I have the family I have to enjoy the life we have together forever.

2 comments:

Mike and Alleen said...

Your family is growing up to FAST! When we moved I think I expected everyone to stay the same. It sounds like you have been very busy as always, keep up the hard work, you're an AWESOME MOM!

Becky said...

Another eventful month in the life of your family! But then, arent most of your months eventful in one way or another!?!?! Busy, busy family!
ps I cant believe Jessica is 16! Holy cow! Where did the years go?