Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

SO FUN

We had such a busy and fun month! Jordyn turned 9 and had a puppy party. We made bone cookies to decorate and the girls wore puppy ears and made necklaces and ate hot dogs wrapped in croissants.

AND THEN! We had a snow day. Yes, a snow day in Las Vegas. The kids ran around outside making snowmen and playing until they were frozen. Good thing we have a fireplace or every jacket they own would have needed dried.




Jessica decided to make some candy from scratch for Christmas and everyone who tried it loved it. In fact, she had to make more so dad could take them to work on Christmas Eve.

Christmas really could not have been better, with family around and watching the kids tear through gifts. It definitely looked like the Christmas tornado hit our house. I wouldn't have it any other way.

We all then loaded in the car and headed for San Diego to visit yet more family. We were able to see alot of family that we don't get to see very often.

Most of the Christmas cards got out (still waiting on some addresses) so I think we did ok.

I think the best part of the month is the special feeling you get by constantly remembering and celebrating our Saviour, His birth, life and resurrection. To hear your kids tell you that it isn't about santa or presents but about Him. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and what was done for us so we can eventually one day return to Him.

Now we wait for the new year and the many changes to take place. My teens are going separate ways this year and mom and dad will be hanging with the young'uns as it should be. What, you thought we would venture downtown - Don't make me laugh.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sounds like another busy month at the Skinners! With a few extras like Christmas thrown in.
I wish I had Jessica here to do some of my candy making for me!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas season and a safe trip.

Hugs, Aunt Becky