Well, school has officially ended and I can say with a surety that I am torn.
I love having the kids home during the summer. Even when the arguing is enough to drive me nuts (or for a walk in the 116 plus heat) I wouldn't trade it for anything. We can sleep in, go places, hang out together etc. I even dislike that my 4 month calendar already has the first day of school posted on it *bad calendar*. So, why, do you say, do you feel torn? Sounds perfect.
I am torn because I hate knowing that my kids are now older in school. I now have 2 high schoolers, 1 middle schooler, 2 elementary kiddos and one home that may be doing some preschool to deal with separation issues. I am not exactly sure if it is that they are getting older or that it forcefully makes me realize I am lol.
Despite all of that, we had an incredible year. The kids had wonderful teachers, as usual and really worked hard. We did spelling bees, field day, field trips, awards assemblies, concerts, school trips and more.
I am not sure that dads feel the same nostalgia that we as moms do. They pretty much get everything are kids do second hand since they are out slaying our dragons. I will admit there are alot of times I am glad I have a couple kids who are older now. It really helps with babysitting for date night and they are really fun to listen too when they talk about their day. That being said, I want to enjoy as much as I can this summer because there won't be many more like it.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe how your kids have grown!! I expect everything to stay the same as when I left. I hope you enjoy the summer! If you make it out Henderson way let me know. There are some fun water parks around.
You really hit the nail on the head,
"I want to enjoy as much as I can this summer because there won't be many more like it."
Life goes by way to fast and summers are one of the best memory making times! Enjoy!!!
Love and summer fun!
Aunt Becky
Post a Comment