Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Daddy, the good helper

Johnston can just crack me up sometimes. Today he informed us that he is scared of aliens and monsters on the base (yes he did say the base). For those who don't know we live right next to the air force base. Now, I just know someone told him that on the base are monsters and aliens, probably one of his siblings mixed with to much scooby doo, so there we are. He also informed me of the help that he and James gave daddy with taking down the lights. Personally, I think it was more of a "Hey dad, think you missed a spot" and "Hey cool can I climb that ladder too and what exactly would happen if I stuck my finger in this socket here". When I told him that he and James were really good helpers he seemed pleased so tonight when daddy helped him shut the door he told me that daddy was a good helper. I'm sure it was only hilarious to me because of lack of sleep, because Jimmy wasn't laughing like I was, but it was cute. It makes you wonder how much you can miss with your kids as they grow and change. I remember Jessica being as little as JT and now she is wearing makeup, going to dances and in 9th grade being a teen. Time flies so quickly and I am constantly reminding myself to slow down and enjoy my kids instead of doing that one last load of clothes. Yes, they have to get washed eventually and sometimes we are grabbing things out of the dryer but isn't it more important to watch them grow up in person then in pictures. So, for those of you who know me well and speak to me often keep reminding me to slow down for this time in life, even when dirty diapers are a part of it.

1 comment:

Becky said...

It is way more important to enjoy them in real life than in pictures!

Get yourself a small digital camera and keep it handy. I have a blast with mine. And since I dont have to worry about paying for developing pictures that are crummy, I just click, click, click! haha I am photographing fool! I keep it in my purse, on the kitchen counter or wherever so I can "document" anything from someone dancing on top of the coffee table to laying in the hammock in the backyard while they talk on the phone to cuddling on the sofa watching TV. My kids tease me about my "documenting" but they really love it cause it is so fun to look at them and remember those totally normal days when life is just happening and they are being themselves. We have millions of wasted pics of soccer, softball, etc. The ones they all love ... the ones we just captured doing this and that.

But ... when all else fails, our memories are fantastic photo albums! We just can show them to anyone else! hehe

It is impossible to do it "all" and you do a darn good job with your family! Keep up the good work!


Hugs,
Aunt Becky