Thursday, April 30, 2015
Count Down
We are now in countdown mode in the Skinner home. Johnston has a countdown to when school is over and even a countdown to when his mother/son neon dance will be. I too have countdowns. I am counting down until my babies last prom. I am counting down until she graduates. I am counting down until our last summer where she is unfettered is over. I am counting down until my oldest boy leaves middle school and prepares to enter high school and seminary. I am counting down until he leaves deacons and becomes a teacher. I am counting down until my other baby girl gets her license and enters laurels. I am counting down until my middle boy leaves cub scouts and becomes an 11 yr old scout. I am counting down until my school is over for this semester. I am counting down until Joseph goes into pre-k. Most importantly, I am counting down until Jimmy has his birthday so we will be the same age again hehehe not really.
I am grateful for the many firsts we get to have and although some of the endings are sad they are also exciting to be a part of and witness. I wonder why it is so sad for me to see my children grow and leave and then remember that I am not sad that they are growing but sad that they may not need me as much. I miss having them with me all the time, however; I must admit when the tantrums arrive I relish my time alone.
Yes time keeps going no wonder what we may want and times change. The Lord is always present to show the many blessings I have in my life. So, I will continue counting down to the big things in my life and even some of the small ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment