We had a wonderful month of August! James turned 8 and had a really fun party with some friends at the Orleans Bowling Alley. They all had a really good time.
The best part of James turning 8 was his baptism on September 5. The water was so high (or should I say he is so little) that when he got in the font it went up to his chest. It was so wonderful to see our first boy get baptized and realize that one day he will hopefully baptize others and grow in the gospel, gaining the priesthood. It was a just so thought provoking. I loved seeing our girls baptized, however; it just seemed different having James baptized.
James is also now old enough for scouts and loves going every week. He has already earned a loop for his belt for volleyball.
We are so lucky to have James in our family. He is so sweet and has such a tender spirit. I feel that he will be a strong influence for his friends in the Gospel. He trys so hard to do what is right and continues to bless our lives every day. We love you James!
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a special and fun birthday rolled into one!
I think I am from the dark ages of Cub Scouts ... what are these belt loop things?
Post a Comment